Every month in the United States, three million children miss school due to fear of bullying. At Gama Filho Academy our goal is to instill in your child the confidence they need to overcome bullying without violence.
Due to the nature of its techniques, BJJ is a non-violent, effective, and complete self-defense system. Many parents want their child to learn a martial art in order to defend herself/himself against bullies or unwanted strangers. Having a safe and systematic foundation of self-defense is key for children to feel confident about defending themselves, if necessary. Because its techniques are completely based on leverage and submissions, BJJ can teach children how to properly defend themselves against bigger, stronger opponents.
Unlike many other martial arts, BJJ does not involve any kicking or punching, making it safe for children to practice and learn.
- Improved social and communication skills
- Enhanced self-confidence and self awareness
- Gained understanding of goal setting and goal attainment
- Knowledge of an effective Self-Defense System
- Increased focus, energy and concentration
- Significant gains in overall fitness level
(3-6 years old):
- 3 classes per week, 45 minutes each
- This program is the perfect foundation for your child’s Martial Arts endeavors
(7-12 years old):
- 3 classes per week, 1 hour each
- These classes take training to the next level while still maintaining a fun environment for children
- In this program, students are partnered up by size and skill level during training
- Additional class variation is offered with competition training
See All Our Programs
Become the best version of yourself